Unexplained injuries may be a sign of nursing home neglect or abuse. If you suspect that your loved one was neglected or abused in a Georgia nursing home, you can call the law firm of Perrotta & Cahn, Attorneys at Law, at 678-792-4816 for a free consultation and case evaluation. With offices in Cartersville, Calhoun and Dalton, we represent seniors and their families in north Georgia and throughout the South.
Here are five signs your loved one may be a victim of nursing home neglect:
- Emergency room visits: When a loved one ends up in an emergency room, it's important to understand why. Was the injury the result of neglect?
- Falls: Falls in nursing homes are a leading cause of injury. In some cases they happen because residents don't receive the assistance they need from nursing home staff.
- Decline in health: Nursing home staff may pass off a decline in your loved one's health as the inevitable effects of aging. However, it may be the result of a medication error, lack of proper nutrition and hydration, or another type of neglect.
- Bedsores: Bedsores typically happen when an immobile resident is not repositioned regularly by nursing home staff. They may be a sign of neglect.
- Unexplained fears: If your loved one seems to be fearful around nursing home staff, he or she may be a victim of abuse.
For More Information About Signs Of Nursing Home Neglect And Abuse
If you are concerned about the care your loved one is receiving in a northern Georgia nursing home, contact the law firm of Perrotta & Cahn, Attorneys at Law. Call 678-792-4816 or fill out our online form to schedule a free lawyer consultation.