North Georgia Spine Injury Lawyers
Helping Spinal Cord Injury Victims Get Compensation in North Georgia
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury (SCI) due to someone else's negligence, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In Georgia, you may be able to recover damages from the person or organization that caused your injury, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
At Perrotta, Lamb & Johnson, LLC, our North Georgia spinal cord injury attorneys can help you understand your rights and explore your legal options following an accident.
What is a Spinal Cord Injury?
The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that runs through the spine. It is responsible for relaying messages between the brain and the rest of the body, relaying information about sensations, movements, and other body functions.
A spinal cord injury occurs when this bundle of nerves is damaged, either temporarily or permanently. The severity of the injury is determined by the extent of the damage to the spinal cord.
SCI can be classified into the following two main types:
- Complete SCI: In this type, there is a total loss of sensation and voluntary movement below the level of injury. It means that the individual has no motor or sensory function below the injury site.
- Incomplete SCI: In this type, there is some remaining function below the level of injury. The degree of function and sensation varies depending on the extent of damage and the affected area of the spinal cord. Common types of incomplete SCI include:
- Anterior Cord Syndrome: Loss of motor function and sensation below the level of injury, but some preservation of light touch and vibration sensation.
- Central Cord Syndrome: Loss of motor function and sensation primarily in the upper body, with lower body function relatively intact.
- Brown-Sequard Syndrome: Damage to one side of the spinal cord, resulting in loss of motor function and proprioception (awareness of body position) on one side, and loss of pain and temperature sensation on the opposite side.
- Conus Medullaris Syndrome: Injury to the lower end of the spinal cord, resulting in variable motor and sensory impairments in the lower limbs and pelvic organs.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome: Injury to the nerve roots at the base of the spinal cord, causing motor and sensory deficits in the lower limbs and bowel/bladder dysfunction.
What Causes Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries can be caused by a wide variety of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls down stairs or down a ladder
- Spontaneous fractures, which are caused by a sudden, violent impact to the spine
- Violent acts of violence, such as a gunshot or stab wound to the back
What are the Symptoms of a Spinal Cord Injury?
If you have been in an accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't think you have suffered a spinal cord injury, your symptoms may be due to a more minor injury that should be treated right away.
Symptoms of a spinal cord injury may include:
- Severe back pain
- Weakness or numbness in the arms or legs
- Loss of control over the arms or legs
- Difficulty breathing
- Urinary or bowel issues
How a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, you may be dealing with severe and debilitating symptoms. You may not be able to work, and you may need a number of expensive medical treatments. At Perrotta, Lamb & Johnson, LLC, we understand the challenges you are facing. That's why we are committed to helping you fight for the compensation you deserve.
A spinal cord injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Property damage
"Tony Perrotta is an amazing attorney. He makes himself available to help you with any need or concern you have."Meleigha Passley
"Jason Johnson is the best attorney hands down in our book! We have had several attorneys in Bartow to handle our situation with custody. He knew exactly what to do/say. He was always answering our ..."Amanda Evans
"I can’t thank Jason and his staff enough for what they’ve done for me. I am very grateful for them and couldn’t be happier with my decision to have them represent me."Anthony Costello
"Mr Anthony Perrotta and Mr Greyson Oswalt-Smith are the absolute best! I absolutely cannot recommend them enough, they jumped on my case from day one, gave me updates every step of the way and truly made me feel like they were there specifically for me and"Tim Vandyke
"I went through a tough divorce and custody battle for my son. Jason Johnson exuded both professionalism and stability throughout the entire process."Thaddeus Wilson
Personal Attention from Your Attorney
Spanish & English Services Available
Nearly a Century of Combined Experience
Aggressive Representation Fighting for You